If you are an avid user of social media, you must have come across the term Techwear. It has been taking over platforms like Reddit and Pinterest recently. These clothes are a mixture of inventive and street stores with a fierce aesthetic. Techwear clothing has even reached high-end stores now. This blog will learn about techwear and the hottest brands to implement it.
Meaning of Techwear and its design
Techwear combines material science with different types of street styles. These street styles are urban, outdoors, and fashion. Think of wearing protective gear with a tinge of fashion. It has a futuristic aesthetic and comes in black, white, and gray colors. It is also designed to provide comfort as the material is heat insulated, water-resistant, and has enough breathing space. The best part about them is the ideal storage space for small items and accessories. Many women’s apparel lacks this, which is what makes techwear stand out.
Latest and best techwear brands of 2022
- British designer Stella McCartney has collaborated with Adidas to create a techwear space. It combines the iconic Adidas women’s sneakers with Stella’s flair for futuristic techwear clothing. This techwear consists of technology to keep you sweat-free and stretches to accommodate the person wearing it.
- Johanna Schneider, senior design director of women’s wear at Nike, created Nike ACG, gaining popularity this year. This clothing makes use of innovative material that also emotes itself. A lot of tech wear has been devoid of any emotion, which is why Johanna came up with this. It features the ACG 3 in 1 coat with an insulated inner jacket and detachable hood.
- North face launched a north face black series which has become a popular techwear now. This advanced apparel consists of staple clothing like hoodies and t-shirts.
- Yohji Yamamoto is another designer who has collaborated with Adidas to produce techwear clothing. This brand makes use of Japanese culture along with future technology to provide both elegance and functionality. While this collaboration is not recent, it’s still as popular as ever.
- Uma Oath is a French techwear brand that advocates against fast fashion wear. It makes use of fabrics that are only used in luxury sportswear to create a minimalistic design. This brand is a passionate amalgamation of dance and design. It uses the formula of simplicity, elegance, and evergreen in its tech wear.
- This might as well be the youngest person on the list. You hear that correct? Charlie Cohen launched her brand at the mere age of fifteen, which is admirable in itself. It took her eight years to implement the technology in her fabric and come with the techwear. It gained its popularity after joining hands with Reebok to promote its high-performance fabric.
- Shohei is a techwear brand designed by Lisa Pek. It aims its clothing at the innovative and progressive people of the world. Its signature style is eco-friendly, which makes it unique on the list. We all know technology and nature rarely go hand in hand, so for Shohei to do that is a significant achievement.
These clothing apparels are a blessing for the lovers of Cyberpunk and Matrix. People now get to live out their dream wearing badass clothing on the streets and associating themselves with the popular futuristic characters. So, if you are someone who loves to watch sci-fi movies and wish that you could wear a dress inspired by them, techwear is the way to go. Do not hesitate and buy a pair now as this style is here to stay.